Community News Home
The original item was published from 5/1/2020 11:53:59 AM to 5/19/2020 12:00:04 AM.
Cedar Hill News
Posted on: May 1, 2020
[ARCHIVED] PHASED APPROACH PLANNED FOR RESTORING IN-PERSON CITY SERVICES AND ACCESS TO PUBLIC FACILITIES
The City of Cedar Hill is working closely with our emergency management team, under the guidance of state and local health officials, on a phased approach to restore in-person City services and open public facilities. Some services and facilities could reopen as soon as May 18, pending the expiration of Dallas County’s Stay at Home order.
“The health and safety of our employees and the public we serve is always our top priority,” City Manager Greg Porter said. “We look forward to welcoming the public back into City facilities in a way that protects the public health and limits the spread of COVID-19 in our community.”
City Facilities, Services & Events
- City services are accessible online at cedarhilltx.com or over the phone at (972) 291-5100.
- City facilities, including the Cedar Hill Government Center, the Alan E. Sims Recreation Center, the Senior Center, the Tri-City Animal Shelter, and the Zula B Wylie Public Library continue to be closed to the public.
- Parks and trails remain open, however playgrounds, restrooms, athletic fields/courts, and pavilions are closed and water fountains are turned off.
- The Zula B. Wylie Public Library continues to offer curbside service and a wide array of digital resources and virtual programming. Find details at cedarhilllibrary.org.
- The Tri-City Animal Shelter & Adoption Center services are available by appointment. To schedule an appointment for adoption, reclaim, surrender, or other services, call (972) 291-5335 during regular business hours. Adoptable animals and found animals are available to view online at cedarhilltx.com/animalshelter.
- All City events and special programs are canceled through May.