Save hundreds, together.
The Texas Power Switch is a free and voluntary program that gives residents the opportunity to join together and get a lower electricity rate by leveraging the buying power of the group. The Texas Power Switch organizes a reverse auction where the provider who bids the lowest rates is then given an opportunity to offer those rates to everyone in the group. People who participate in the program are expected to save 20-25% on their electricity bills and this estimate is even higher for those individuals who aren’t currently in a contract.
There is no obligation to participate or to switch. This is simply a service that is available to help residents exercise their energy options and potentially save money. There is no cost to the residents or the City for this service, nor does the City receive any compensation.
The plans offered through this program include fixed-rates that are guaranteed not to increase for the entire length of the contract. And with the renewable energy market more affordable than ever in Texas, the Texas Power Switch is now able to offer 100% renewable plans.
Here’s how it works:
- Register by May 18, 2021 at www.texaspowerswitch.com
- If possible, have a recent electricity bill with you when you register.
- Registrants will receive a personalized offer email by June 1, 2021.
- The Texas Power Switch offers three programs a year. If you are in a contract, you can sign up now and request to receive an offer in the future.
- If you want to learn more, the Texas Power Switch will be hosting free virtual info sessions. You will receive an invitation to the sessions if you register for the program.
- Remember, there is no fee to participate or obligation to switch.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com or call 888-376-2077.
Para obtener más información en español, visite texaspowerswitch.com/texas/es
Households served by utility cooperatives are not eligible to participate. PUCT License No. 80419.