The Engineering Division is primarily responsible for design, inspection and contract administration relating to water systems, sewer systems, streets, traffic control, and drainage facilities – functions of which include the following:
- Master Plan Review / Update
- Review of Development Plans / Plats
- Traffic Studies / Transportation Management
- Permitting within Right-of-Way
- Construction Inspection Services for Public Facilities
- Capital Improvements Project Management
- Homeowner Assistance / Customer Service
- Coordination with Various Governmental and Regulatory Agencies (TCEQ, EPA, TxDOT, Dallas County, Ellis County; NCTCOG, DWU, TRA)
- Pretreatment Requirements
- Escarpment Requirements
- Cross Connection Requirements
- Storm Water Requirements
Questions About Landowner Rights?
View, skim, print, or read the Landowner's Bill of Rights (PDF).
WARNING & DISCLAIMER
THE CITY OF CEDAR HILL CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE EXISTENCE AND/OR LOCATION OF ANY UTILITY(IES) SHOWN ON AS-BUILT PLANS. DO NOT RELY ON AS-BUILT PLANS TO DETERMINE THE EXISTENCE OR LOCATION OF ANY UTILITY (WATER, SANITARY SEWER, STORM PIPES, CULVERTS, ELECTRICAL LINES, CABLE, ETC.) THE EXISTENCE AND LOCATION OF UTILITIES MUST BE VERIFIED IN THE FIELD AND THE CITY OF CEDAR HILL ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR THE EXISTENCE OR LOCATION OF ANY UTILITY LINE OR STRUCTURE.