Parks & Recreation Department
Beginning Monday, June 1, 2020, the Alan E. Sims Cedar Hill Recreation Center will reopen with temporary operating hours of 6 a.m. to noon and 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday. The fitness area and walking track will be open and limited to 15 users. Reservations are strongly encouraged, and patrons can call (972) 293-5288 to make an appointment. All other areas of the recreation center, including the gym, game room, barnyard, aerobic room, and meeting rooms will remain closed. High-touch surfaces will be disinfected throughout the day, and the center will close from noon to 2 p.m. for deep cleaning.
Members are encouraged to wear a face mask in the building and gloves if using equipment. When using the track or fitness area, members should stay 6 feet from others and wipe down all equipment before and after use. Members should bring their own water bottles, as water fountains will not be available. Normal age limitations will apply, visit cedarhilltx.com/rec for details.
The following City facilities and services are also reopened:
Cedar Hill Government Center
- Utility Services customer service windows are open. Customers are encouraged to pay their bill online, by phone at (469) 272-2931, or through the drop box located in front of the Government Center.
- Municipal Court service window is open. Customers are encouraged to resolve their court case online or by phone at (469) 291-5113.
- Neighborhood Services, including building inspection and code enforcement is available by appointment only. Call (972) 291-5100, ext. 1111 to schedule an appointment.
- Planning is available by appointment only. Call (972) 291-5100, ext. 1080 to schedule an appointment.
- Public Works services are available by appointment only. Call (972) 291-5126 to schedule an appointment.
- City Administration and Human Resources are open and appointments are encouraged. Call (972) 291-5100 to schedule an appointment.
Parks & Recreation Amenities
- Tennis and basketball courts are open and are limited to four people per court.
- Restrooms are open at Crawford Park and Valley Ridge Park.
- Parks and trails remain open.
- Most pavilions and gazebos are open for groups of less than 10; reserve a pavilion at [cedarhilltx.com/online]cedarhilltx.com/online.
- Pavilions at Crawford Park and Virginia Weaver Park remain closed.
- Athletic fields and playgrounds remain closed, and water fountains remain turned off.
The Senior Center, and Crawford Park Pool remain closed at this time, based on guidance from state and local health officials.
To protect the health of City employees and the Cedar Hill community, visitors to City facilities will be asked to wear a face covering or mask and self-screen for symptoms of possible COVID-19 before entering City buildings. Residents are encouraged to continue to access services online at cedarhilltx.com and over the phone at (972) 291-5100.
Residents can help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community by avoiding crowds and keeping 6 feet from others, washing hands often, wearing face coverings in public, and staying home when sick. Individuals age 65 and older and those with medical issues, such as diabetes, heart or lung disease, cancer, or weakened immune system are at a higher risk of getting very sick or dying of COVID-19. State and local health officials continue to recommend that at-risk individuals and older adults stay home as much as possible and avoid face-to-face contact with others.
For more COVID-19 related resources, click here.
We offer athletic leagues for adults or youth at various athletic facilities; a variety of Active Senior programs at the Cedar Hill Senior Center; and several aquatics programs at Crawford Park Pool in the summer.
Join us at one of our numerous special events, or become a member of our award-winning Alan E. Sims Cedar Hill Recreation Center where you can get in a great work out, host your own special event or find that perfect program for anyone in the family.
Our outdoor space includes over 32 parks and trails, ideal for your outdoor adventure, daily workout, or rental for your family gathering. So, what do you say...ready to have some fun the Cedar Hill way?