Waste 101: The Basics About Your Trash Service
Waste Management provides trash & recycling services for the City of Cedar Hill. Please contact Waste Management Customer Service at 972-315-5400 for trash and recycling inquiries.
- Trash and recycling are collected once per week. Find your collection day by entering your address in the tool below, or take a look at the collection schedule here.
- Each single family home is provided two 96-gallon carts. The cart with the green lid is for trash and the cart with the yellow lid is for recycling. All trash and recyclable materials must be inside the cart with the cart lid properly closed. Materials left outside carts will not be collected.
- Carts must be placed at the curb - or in the alley, if an alley collection - by 7 a.m. on your collection day. Carts may be set out before 6 p.m. or one hour before sunset the night before pickup, whichever is earlier.
- Residents may elect to lease an additional 96-gallon cart for $3.50 per month per cart. Any additional cart orders or cart repairs (lids and/or wheel replacements) can be requested by using the tool below in Cart Store or call the Customer Service Department at 972- 291-5100 ext. 1005.
Cart Placement Instructions
- Place carts within one foot from the curb - or fence, if in any alley - with the handles facing the home or fence.
- Give carts plenty of space. The automated control arms need at least three feet of space on all sides of your carts in order to pick them up. Keep trash and recycling carts at least three feet apart and at least five feet from cars, mail boxes, gas meters, and other nearby objects.
- Trash must be contained. Place your trash in securely-tied plastic bags. All bags must fit inside the cart with the lid closed. Any trash left on top of or beside the cart will not be collected.
- Set it out by 7 a.m. on your collection day
Hazardous Waste - At-Your-Door Service Begins January 1, 2022
Holiday & Inclement Weather Make-up Days
Waste Management observes three holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. When trash pickup is missed due to a holiday or inclement weather, service schedules for that week may be affected.
For 2021, the only holiday that will impact service is Thanksgiving. Those normally serviced on Thursday, November 25, will be collected on Friday, November 26 and those normally collected on Friday, November 26 will be collected on Saturday, November 27.
Important Note About Parking
Parking too close to the alleyway can block trash collection vehicles from servicing your home. Make sure all visitors and residents park more than 25 feet from the alley entrance/exit on both the alley side of the street and the opposite side of the street. (City Ordinance No. 2019-674).